Click here to learn more: https://thebookfairies.rallybound.org/guinness-world-record/
The Book Fairies
Will Attempt to Break a Guinness World Record
By Creating the World’s Longest Line of Books!
On Thursday, November 14, 2019, a.k.a Guinness World Record Day, The Book Fairies will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the Longest Line of Books — a feat that requires over 25,000 books and extends over 2.64 miles! This ground breaking attempt will take place in Wyandanch, an underserved Long Island community whose students lack access to books. The books used to successfully break the Guinness World Record will immediately be distributed to the children, families and schools of the Wyandanch community.
Did you know that:
- 1 in 4 NYC residents cannot read above a 4th grade level?
- Two-thirds of students who cannot read proficiently by the fourth grade will end up in jail or on welfare.
- Illiteracy costs $232 billion a year in health care costs. The American Medical Association estimates that 46% of adults cannot read and follow medical instructions, incurring medical expenses that are up to four times greater than patients with adequate literacy skills.
- 90% of high school dropouts are on welfare
- Price is the #1 barrier to book ownership.
ONE OF A KIND OPPORTUNITY
This event will help The Book Fairies sustain and grow our mission, bringing much needed books to underserved communities across the New York metro region. But we can’t do it alone WE NEED YOUR HELP!
To learn more about the event, sponsoring a book, sponsoring the event, or creating a fundraising page please click here: https://thebookfairies.rallybound.org/guinness-world-record/