Important changes about The Book Fairies!
Starting JUNE 13th through AUGUST 15th, The Book Fairies will be working at a reduced capacity in the warehouse as we work behind the scenes on strategy and infrastructure.
What changes can you expect during this 2-month period:
Guidelines for volunteering:
- Will only be open ONE DAY A WEEK for volunteer sorting – Tuesdays from 9am – 1pm
- Volunteer sorting opportunities are limited to 15 people max in the warehouse.
- Pre-Registration is mandatory for volunteering and spots are available on a first come/first served basis.
- You must be registered in our NEW system to get notifications for upcoming activities. Please fill out our application via this link if you want to be on the volunteer list. https://thebookfairies.org/volunteer-signup/
- Due to our limited capacity, volunteers much be at least 15 years old.
- Also, due to limited capacity, we cannot accommodate volunteers with special needs who require a support person.
Guidelines for donating books:
- We are only accepting donations at our warehouse on Tuesdays between 9am – 1pm.
- If you have less than 25 books you can drop them in our book bin at our warehouse or see the list of remote drop sites below.
- Our book drop is for 25 books or less and will only be emptied twice a week.
PLEASE DO NOT OVERLOAD THE BOOK DROP OR LEAVE BOOKS OUTSIDE OF IT/OR ON OUR LANDLORD’S PROPERTY!
- We will NOT be accepting books from Book Drives unless it is a Book Drive that has already been approved by us and is on our calendar.
- We will NOT be able to arrange for book pick-ups.
Request for Books:
- Requests for book donations will not be accepted at this time. To sign up for book distribution alerts please fill out this form. https://thebookfairies.org/recipients/
- We will be having a book distribution event in August.
- We would not exist without financial support and as we take this “Pause” our focus will be to ensure we have funding to sustain and grow our mission. We welcome any donations big or small.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we take this opportunity to regroup and strategize so we can come out stronger and better positioned to fill our mission.